Single Assembly

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM
What do you think about making your releases a single assembly? Maybe I'm the only lazy one out there?
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2009 at 1:54 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2009 at 1:56 AM
I hadn't really thought about it to this point. You should be able to merge the assemblies post-release with ILMerge, right?

If you want to try it out and let me know how it works I'll consider making it part of the release.
Apr 16, 2009 at 5:43 AM
One would only wish it was that easy... I played around for an hour or so and when I run peverify on the merged assembly I get a large list of errors. Wish I could post files in the discussion but here are a few of the errors on the merge:

[IL]: Error: [src\Build\Coditate.Savant.dll : Coditate.Savant.Core.SimpleDbSavant::CollectResults[T]][offset 0x0000000E][found ref 'System.Object'][expected ref 'Coditate.Savant.SelectResults`1[Coditate.Savant.PropertyValues]'] Unexpected type on the stack.

[IL]: Error: [src\Build\Coditate.Savant.dll : Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.Emitters.ClassEmitter::InitializeGenericArgumentsFromBases][offset 0x00000006][found ref 'System.Object'][expected ref 'System.Type'] Unexpected type on the stack.

[IL]: Error: [src\Build\Coditate.Savant.dll : Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.Emitters.CustomAttributeUtil::GetConstructorAndArgs][offset 0x00000014][found ref 'System.Object'][expected ref 'System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo'] Unexpected type on the stack.

[IL]: Error: [src\Build\Coditate.Savant.dll : Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.BaseProxyGenerator::CollectPropertyMethodsToProxy][offset 0x0000008E][found ref 'System.Object'][expected ref array mdarray 'Castle.DynamicProxy.Generators.PropertyToGenerate[]'] Unexpected array type on the stack.

[IL]: Error: [src\Build\Coditate.Savant.dll : Coditate.Common.IO.IOUtils::EnsureWriteAccess][offset 0x0000000C][found ref 'System.Object'][expected ref 'System.Exception'] Unexpected type on the stack.

[IL]: Error: [src\Build\Coditate.Savant.dll : Coditate.Common.XMap.XMap::ParseMapping][offset 0x000000D5][found ref 'System.Object'][expected ref 'System.String'] Unexpected type on the stack.

(Total of 24 errors)