I'm curious if anyone has had trouble searching for non-existent values using the Lucene.Net implementation in Simol?
I have a lucene query that might look something like this:
+Segments:test +IsContact:true +(Address:"200 sierra vista" City:"200 sierra vista" Region:"200 sierra vista") -ParentId:[* TO *]
I was under the impression that -ParentId:[* TO *] should exclude any documents that don't have a ParentId (we use a parentId to hide related contacts in this case, so we want to exclude them from search results).
I can fire up Luke (http://www.getopt.org/luke/) and get the expected results, but running the same query from Simol yields results that have a value in ParentId.
I did not that when I switch from the KeywordAnalyzer (in Luke) to the StandardAnalyzer I get the same results as our Simol implementation. However, if I switch the query parser to KeywordAnalyzer in Simol (using a custom SearchIndexer implmentation),
I still get the results with the ParentId.
I'm probably doing something stupid, but before I spend hours on it, I thought I would pose the question.
Thanks a ton for such a great project and I know (Ashley) you are headlong into DynamoDB, I'm eager to hear how it's going.