Savant Test Project set-up

Mar 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I received these compiler errors when compiling the source code the first time:

Error 1     The command "IF NOT EXIST H:\Amazon Cloud\SimpleSavant\src\Savant.Examples\App.config COPY H:\Amazon Cloud\SimpleSavant\src\Savant.Examples\App.config.template H:\Amazon Cloud\SimpleSavant\src\Savant.Examples\App.config" exited with code 3.  Savant.Examples

Error 2     The command "IF NOT EXIST H:\Amazon Cloud\SimpleSavant\src\SavantTest\App.config COPY H:\Amazon Cloud\SimpleSavant\src\SavantTest\App.config.template H:\Amazon Cloud\SimpleSavant\src\SavantTest\App.config" exited with code 3. SavantTest

I made this go away by removing the Pre-Build Events for each project.

I apologize for any oversight for which I may be guilty but I was not quite sure how to proceed with testing so I merely ran the two test projects using the debugger. When I did this I received the following error:

“Conditional check failed. Attribute (ModifiedAt) value exists”

I look forward to learning how to resolve this.

Thanks

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 4:15 PM
Edited Mar 18, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for pointing this out.

The first error is caused by missing quotes around the paths in the pre-build events (necessary since your path has spaces). I've checked in a fix.

The second error is from running the DocExamples class, rather than the ConsoleExamples class. The DocExamples are maintained to ensure correctness of the wiki code samples but aren't really meant to be run by folks getting up to speed. I've added a note explaining this in the DocExamples class.

Your best bet may be to simply download the release distribution and read through the Getting Started page on the documentation wiki. Let me know if you still have start-up questions after reading that.